A Practical Guide to Understanding Breast Multi-Gene Assays
This interactive live webinar is part 1 of the Breast Cancer Molecular Testing: Catching Up to Increased Complexity
This course will discuss the most commonly used multi-gene assays in breast cancer today. Common tests will be described and the differences between tests will be highlighted. Emphasis will be placed on practical points to ensure the appropriate test is ordered as well as understanding the implications of various results in different types of breast cancer.
- Explain the theory behind each of the main multi-gene assays currently utilized in breast cancer treatment and understand the question each test is designed to answer.
- Describe the main differences between each of the tests.
- Explain various clinical scenarios when the usage of one test is preferential to another.
- Describe which tumor types and blocks should be sent for the various multi-gene tests.
Mara Rendi, MD, PhD
Hospital Pathology Associates
Chieh-Yu Lin, MD, PhD
Duration: 1 Hour
Live Webinar Date: August 23, 2023
- Click the "Register Now" Button
- Log in using your AMP credentials. If you do not have an AMP account, Create a FREE account.
- Complete the "Demographic questionnaire for "Breast Cancer Molecular Testing Series" before the webinar date. You will only need to do this once for the entire series.
Continuing Education Credit InformationCME credit: 1.0
CMLE credit: 1.0
Last day to claim credit: December 31, 2026
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) and Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP). The American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The ASCP designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This continuing medical laboratory education activity is recognized by the American Society for Clinical Pathology for 1.0 hours of CMLE credit. ASCP CMLE credit hours are acceptable for the ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) Certification Maintenance Program (CMP). CMLE credit hours meet the continuing education requirements for the ASCP Board of Certification Credential Maintenance Program (CMP) and state relicensure requirements for laboratory personnel. Participants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
All sales are final. No refunds will be issued.
No digital files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means, electronic or mechanical. By purchasing a product, you agree to not share any of the course materials, including videos, downloadable slide presentation.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Lilly.