AMP 2023 Molecular Genetic Pathology Review Course
This self-paced, on demand course features an intense update and review of molecular diagnostics to prepare for a certification examination, earn continuing education credits, receive updates in the field, and/or for a refresher in molecular pathology core concepts. The faculty are experts in the field of molecular pathology. Learn at your own pace and re-watch lectures as many times as you'd like.
The objectives of the AMP MGP Review Course are:
- To assist attendees in preparing for the MGP Subspecialty Certification Exam (offered jointly by the American Board of Pathology and the American Board of Medical Genetics), as well as other certification exams in molecular pathology and molecular genetics.
- To increase basic and applied molecular pathology knowledge, focusing on the molecular pathogenesis, diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of disease.
Topics covered include:
- Molecular Technologies and Lab Methods
- NGS Platforms and Informatics
- Identity Testing
- Test Validation, Statistics, and Bayes' Theorem
- HLA Transplant Testing
- Inherited Conditions
- Molecular Oncology
- Molecular Hematopathology
- Infectious Diseases
- Quality Assurance and Lab Regulation
- Lab Management
- Those preparing for relevant certification exams including but not limited MGP, LGG, ABCC, or ABB exams*
- Those seeking institutional credentialing
- People who are seeking a refresher in molecular pathology core concepts.
* DISCLAIMER: AMP makes no guarantee or assurances that completion of this courses or participation will manner ensure a passing score on any certification examination and/or certification status. The AMP Molecular Genetic Pathology review course is an educational program provided by the Association for Molecular Pathology, (AMP) and is not sponsored or endorsed by the American Board of Pathology (ABP), or the American Board of Medical Genetics (ABMG), or other any certifying bodies.
Lauren Ritterhouse, MD, PhD
Massachusetts General Hospital
Continuing Education (CME & CMLE)
CME credit: 25.75
CMLE credit: 25.75
Last day to claim credit: December 31, 2024
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) and Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP). The American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASC) is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The ASCP designates this activity for a maximum of 25.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This continuing medical laboratory education activity is recognized by the American Society for Clinical Pathology for 25.75 hours of CMLE credit. ASCP CMLE credit hours are acceptable for the ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) Certification Maintenance Program (CMP). CMLE credit hours meet the continuing education requirements for the ASCP Board of Certification Credential Maintenance Program (CMP) and state relicensure requirements for laboratory personnel. Participants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
All sales are final. No refunds will be issued.
No digital files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means, electronic or mechanical. By purchasing a product, you agree to not share any of the course materials, including videos, downloadable slide presentations, outlines, manuscripts, etc. without explicit and written permission from AMP.