NGS 101: Introduction to the Fundamentals of Next-Generation Sequencing
Please note that this course was created in 2014 and reviewed and approved by the Training & Education Committee as relevant and accurate in 2018. However, new data may now be available and new studies may have since been published.
Check back for an updated NGS course from AMP in the near future.
Looking to add Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) to your lab? Familiar with NGS but in need of a refresher? This 5-part series on the fundamentals of NGS is for you! Recorded in 2014 and 2015 “NGS 101” is a comprehensive primer on implementing and running NGS in your lab.
Duration: 5 hours
- NGS for the Clinic (Recorded :July 23, 2014)
Birgit Funke PhD, FACMG
- Viewing and Interpreting Sequencing Data (Recorded: September 11, 2014)
Patrik Vitazka MD, PhD
- Validation and Implementation of Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Based Tests for Inherited Disorders (Recorded: September 10, 2015)
Avni B. Santani PhD
- Nomeclature in the Context of NGS Bioinformatics (Recorded: October 29, 2014)
Robert D. Daber, PhD
- The Role of Pathologist in Reporting & Communicating Accurate and Succinct Results in the Genomic Era (Recorded: November 7, 2014)
Colin C. Pritchard MD, PhD
This webinar series was planned and supported by the Training & Education Committee
There are no CME/CMLE or SAMs credits available for this program.
Note: Join the AMP Family for discounted access to the most current educational resources!
All sales are final. No refunds will be issued.
No digital files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means, electronic or mechanical. By purchasing a product, you agree to not share any of the course materials, including videos, downloadable slide presentations, outlines, manuscripts, etc. without explicit and written permission from AMP.